Thursday, November 02, 2006

I've never seen a Bigfoot

I have never seen a Bigfoot or Sasquatch, nor have I seen large humanoid tracks. I have not witnessed any other Bigfoot phenomena such as unexplained bad odor, heavy items moved without equipment, or heard screams that I couldn't attribute to a known cause. This is rather disappointing since I have spent a lot of time hiking and camping in the Washington state Cascade mountains, an area that has a lot of reported Bigfoot activity. I have seen what appear to be day beds of bear or deer or elk. I have smelled bad odors due to carcasses, scat, or wet plants. I have also seen a variety of wildlife, black bear, cougar, fox, coyote, deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and many smaller animals.

When I read the sighting reports, either in books or online, I sometimes know the area where the sighting occurred, I've been there many times. I spend many days hiking, many nights on the edge of the backcounty alone. Why don't I see a Bigfoot when so many others see them or come across their tracks? One thing I don't do much of is drive along backcountry roads at night when a lot of sightings occur. Nor am I getting deep into the backcountry but most of the sightings are from roads or camp areas. Perhaps Bigfoot is now more wary of people and there are more people hiking, camping, etc. in this area than there were 20 years ago. Still there are some recent sightings.

I want to see evidence of Bigfoot but I am not sure what my reaction would be. Would I be excited and elated, like I have been after seeing wolves or grizzlys, or would I be frightened and doubtful that I saw what I thought I did? When I found recent grizzly tracks 100 years from my campsite in a National Forest near Yellowstone, I didn't leave but I did become more cautious. Maybe that is how I would react to Bigfoot tracks.

2 Comments:

At 12/6/16 19:08, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, chanel handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp, replica watches, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, nike roshe run, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, ugg boots, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max

 
At 12/6/16 19:25, Blogger Unknown said...

baseball bats, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, bottega veneta, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, herve leger, ralph lauren, nike trainers, lululemon, timberland boots, soccer shoes, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, p90x workout, vans, mcm handbags, converse, ferragamo shoes, reebok shoes, nike air max, hollister, hollister, louboutin, jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, vans shoes, iphone cases, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ray ban, converse outlet, birkin bag, gucci, nike huarache, beats by dre, hollister, ghd, north face outlet, nike roshe, longchamp, new balance, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, asics running shoes, instyler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home